Wednesday, April 6, 2016

For Abby-Rayne

I'm no longer waiting
for some elusive beginning
like the white house with
the white picket fence.
Ours was brown, painted the same
drab color of the cabin
white wouldn't have matched
In fact, I painted it white once and
He came home and sneered, wow
That sure is ugly.

No, it only happens when you make it happen, which I did

but failed
because I felt so sick
that's why I tell you to
do what you want to do
and life's only rule is to
be true to yourself
which also means treating the multiverse, and everything in it, with dignity and respect, even the ones
who you might think don't deserve it

like me, perhaps


It's true, we're not that different
I hate my tv
but it's all I have left
when the pounding inside my body
reverberates through the whole house, the whole neighborhood, the whole of my universe, and all that matters is having gum so the taste in my mouth won't make me sick during the night..

And why would I, loving you, want you to feel that?
We're only as many worlds apart
as we create.

For me,
I have no worlds left

Here I am
Naked
The Empress in her new clothes.

But where are you?
It's not so bad, you know,
being an Empress.
And madness is a stable, decent place to be.
You might like it
After all...


No comments: