Tuesday, June 21, 2016

btw....


I don't have to tell you I'm not very computer savvy - can't hide that fact very well. But also, I keep running us out of Internet.... I didn't know Internet wasn't unlimited everywhere in the Universe. So I haven't been able to load all the videos of me crying, throwing up, sleeping, not sleeping, and mostly, just lying here.  Uh huh, I lead a totally indulgent, enthusiastic, rip-roaring, hair-raising dramatic life, I know...  Plus, my heading has disappeared so I have to go in search of it.  Also, I do need to back-track and fix some of the first posts that came out all mangled and in random un-patterns that pile onto each other like a train wreck. In the meantime, July 12 is when we get Internet again.... 

Didn't make it to my session with Dr. Bev today which is not good because I need everything I can get and was going to start recording our time together connecting the dots.  She retires in a year and with all the data she has collected throughout her career, she'll be writing about this bizarre, misunderstood dis-ease. So please look for her - Dr. Beverly Tompkins of the Burke Pain Institute.  This woman has done more for people with M.E. than anyone.  She is brilliant, kind, empathetic and patiently explains things in a manner even those of us with moldy brains can comprehend.  Yesterday I saw the local gp.  She had little, or no, cognizance of M.E. and its symptoms - like PAIN.... Um, sorry Lady Doctor, the pain experienced under the M.E. umbrella is inexplicable, but all too real. And the umbrella has a bunch of great big holes in it though which all kinds of bizarre, inexplicable symptoms fall.  That's okay. Very few physicians are M.E. literate because it's too much work to study, so they focus on the maladies they read about in medical school, maladies that are improvable, curable or terminal.  M.E. can be all of those adjectives or none of them.  Dr. Bev says I'll live to be 102 and from here on, it is going to be a riot!  I read Ray Kurzweil though, and his live-forever-downloading-consciousness-into-synthetic-bodies hypothesis.  Go Kurzweil! Transcendent Man (watch on YouTube) was a decent documentary, so..... maybe?

Also, I was going to pick up a used C-PAP, advertised on Kijiji.  So, People with C-PAP for sale, I sincerely apologize for being unable to get there! 


I'll be back when I'm not so nauseous....  








No comments: