Saturday, July 2, 2016

Momma


(Well.... no, not me, not yet anyway.... So, in the meantime, you're going to get a bunch of old poetry, and a photo of my momma the moment she left)




Miss you, Momma, I love you, more, I think, than you ever knew...
and despite, or more probably, because, of what you did to me.  It just doesn't matter.





Apology seeps through her cracks
of which there are many.
At 75* it gets harder to plug 
the holes.
Her protective scales
no longer serve to detract
or retract.
She sheds them everywhere.

She's mortified of course,
unaware of the secret glory
that illuminates her unlaced
nakedness.

Soon she will be the Empress
proudly modeling her new clothes.

And I shall be there to applaud!










*and I was, 16 years later,                                                              
as we watched and waited, 
mist came out of her side 
and wafted upward 
then dispersed....
energy neither created nor destroyed, so...

.....I can't help but cry when I hear
"Drops of Jupiter" now.


Thank you, Pat Monahan,

for writing that song 
   for your own mother



No comments: