Thursday, July 7, 2016

Possession


Not better.  Worse.  What am I not getting???  Dr. Bev has reserved a quiet room with comfy couches where I can sleep for a couple of hours before our 1 - 2 hour session.  But then this chronic low grade UTI turned acute and has possibly gone into my kidneys.  No amount of morphine is decreasing the leg and abdominal pain.  So once again, even though just a week ago or so, I was off my meds, I'm knocking myself out with sleep-in-a-pill.  That's all that helps. And, it was the long weekend.  No walk-in clinics out here, and too far to drive into Calgary.  So here I lay myself to, er, not sleep, moaning my favorite mantra, "ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod......".  It gives me something to do.  So.... here comes an onslaught of more old poetry.....




possession


I could open up your skin     peel it from the bones     like magic it would fall away     and I would cut away the flesh     or burn it off     and there would be all your bones     stock and sturdy     and I would stand above you     with a stick attached to strings     attached to each bone     and I could make you dance or kneel before me     or lie prostrate on holy ground     or run from me   but I would always be there with the stick and strings     to reel you back in     and I could take your bones apart     and reconstruct them to resemble a Neanderthal     or infant reptile     and I could make the whole world believe I'd dug you up from beneath a coal-smeared rock near Drumheller     and I could even put your bones in a box and bury them behind a wall     then patch it up with bricks and mortar     and monalisa posters     OR     I could just leave you alone there     where you sit across from me     and I could watch you manipulate your own strings     or construct your own primordial ancestry     that nobody but me would believe     and I could follow you into the murmuring fields     and watch you open up your arms and rise into the air     and fly away  
then back to me     that's what I could do


No comments: